Took some time today to work on my Flutterby Quilt.
You'll see below, that the green stripe was the popular
favorite and that's what I decided to go with.
Here it is, ready to be turned, pinned and sewn down.
This is the first time I've done a BIAS binding
because I wanted those stripes on the diagonal.
I used this tutorial from My Sweet Prarie.
And it worked out fabulously!
And check this out...
I stuck the roll of binding in an empty
tissue box to keep it from rolling away
as I attached it. I thought it was a pretty clever idea. ; )
Anyway, here's some shots of the quilting too.
No time for FMQ so I just went with some
straight line and ditch quilting.
I used green thread for the quilting, but
honestly not sure I'm really happy with it.
But I do like the green quilting on the back.
Anyway, there it is. Binding pinned and ready for a
few evenings of hand sewing.
In the meantime, I'm still in training for my new job
but should be getting students soon.
Also have an apartment lined up so my move date
is now settled, October 17th.
Lots to do before then! But tomorrow is
Labor Day, so I'm taking a break from all of it.
Hope you all enjoy the holiday,