My Cathedral Windows pillow is coming along.
I have all 12 windows sewn now
I will admit I struggled a bit at first to get my machine and fingers to coordinate to make the curved seams. In fact, I started to wonder if I shouldn't just hand stitch instead.
But, my frustrating work week made me determine to "conquer" this new challenge and I set out to show my machine a thing or two! And that I did. As you can see in the picture above, I am now experimenting with button type and placement.
I spent a little time at the store yesterday searching for the "perfect" buttons. The tutorial says they're optional. And at first, I wasn't sure I wanted them. But I think with this fabric, the buttons complement the semi-formal look. I really love the center button (see below).
It has the same paisley swirl as some of the window prints. But I thought it was a tiny bit large and heavy for the whole pillow so I decided on some smaller, lighter, lacy looking buttons for the rest of the spots.
Now I just have to go back to the store and hope there are enough to finish this off.
So there you have it, the windows are done, but I still have a ways to go before the pillow is finished.
Next, I'm going to learn to make my own piping. Yet, another challenge. But no rush. One step at a time.
P.S. A special thanks once again to Melissa at Lilac Lane for her tutorial and inspiration!